Monday, April 18, 2011

$117.50


That's what this photo will end up costing me. $17.50 for the entrance to Eureka Tower and an estimated $100 to replace the phone I lost up there. There were so many reflections in the glass, I had to abandon the tripod and put the camera on the floor with the lens right up against the glass to shoot this. Then I realised I needed to tilt the camera slightly and my mobile was just the right thickness... you can guess the rest. I guess I should be glad it wasn't an iPhone. Was it worth it? Hmm, not sure.

So, if you are approached by any dodgy looking characters offering you a Samsung S8300 at a ridiculously low price, let me know.

Oh, and this was taken from the 88th floor of the Eureka Tower, allegedly the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere. I know, another night shot..

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic photo Alan. Great clarity. Congrats. Bad luck re your mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT Alan! The good thing besides the image a new phone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shot! Besides that, know you have a fun story to tell us (ok, not so fun for you...)! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was worth it. Nice Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my last comment worked. Anyway I love the photo and the story gave me a good chuckle. Just what I needed this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great capture - just beautiful. Pity about your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Encantador blog el tuyo, un placer haberme pasado por tu espacio. Las fotos realmente estupendas...

    Saludos y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! La sonrisa de Hiperion, hablo un pocito Espanol solamente, pero muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete

I still have lots to learn about photography. All comments or constructive criticism are very welcome!

Photoblogs