Monday, May 16, 2011

Boredom and indecision go hand in hand

I was quite fidgety on Saturday. The bad weather had restricted outdoor options during the week and Anna had been away, working at a uranium mine somewhere in South Australia. I was bouncing off the walls of our apartment by the time I decided to go for a long walk into the city. I'm glad that I did, as I got quite a few shots that I consider keepers.

This is one of them, taken in Fawkner Park in South Yarra. I processed a B&W version as well and couldn't decide which one to post. After some procrastination, I tossed a coin. Colour won. Perhaps I'll put the B&W one up on Flickr. Can't decide on that either. Maybe, just maybe, the effects of not working are finally beginning to manifest themselves. I'm almost excited about getting back into gainful employment and re-engaging my brain in July. Almost...

16 comments:

  1. I'm so pleasd you decided to post this photo in colour Alan - the soft autumn leaves are a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dianne. The leaves look great in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan!! I am very envious of this one. A fabulous photo. Wonderful colour, great focal point, excellent clarity throughout, complete with ease of two rugged up strollers. Tremendous feel to this photo. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magnificent 'Avenue'. A road or path always looks so much better when it's lined by trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! It always catches me off guard to see current photos of someone else having fall while I am gearing up for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan, what a wonderful image. Good thing you went for that walk. Love how the branches of the trees create and arch over the lovely Autumn color leaves. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had places like this around here to go when I'm bored...
    Love the colours, the atmosphere, the autumn leaves and how the sun makes everything much more beautiful. Great shot!
    I'd love to see the BW version too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shot - wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So it's really autumn. Yuck, do not like winter. Only when the sun shines. This photo is very nice. Have a nice day. Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So colour was a good choice then. Thanks all for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot and love seeing the autumn colours Alan

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO PERFECT! Glad you decided to bounce outside for this! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Una magnificent photo with these vibrant colors.
    Sill

    ReplyDelete

I still have lots to learn about photography. All comments or constructive criticism are very welcome!

Photoblogs