Saturday, June 25, 2011

My last Compact Saturday

There's so much I'm going to miss about Melbourne - the lovely people I've come to know, the buzz of the place, the cycle-friendly infrastructure, coffee, sourdough toast, avocados... the list goes on.

I'll also miss being by the sea! Especially when you see awesome colours like this. Sunsets are great levellers of photographers and their cameras, I think. Whether you shoot obsessively with a hulking great DSLR or snap randomly with a pocket-sized compact, it's hard not to take an attractive photo when confronted with a scene like this.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shot on a stunning day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you've been to experience it all and how lucky we are that you've shared it with us. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pic. The pier there is so photogenic - add in the sunset and, well, you really *can't* go wrong.

    I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay in Melbourne. It is pretty ace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a brilliant picture Alan, perfect actually! So when do you head off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Alan for sharing it with us. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this light, specially when I'm close to the sea, wonderful picture and composition Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alan, this is brilliant.
    Do you go back to Irland? Do you plan to continue your blog from where ever you are?
    I like the way you look on Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get wonderful shots from that compact camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful! WoW! You're right - Impossible not to shoot such a scene! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with this photo, Alan. It is a sensational shot. Gives me inspiration to try and emulate your photography. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible.
    I miss seeing it all through your eyes already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a scene. I can see why you would miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your kind comments! Grace, Carola, I leave on Tuesday:-( I plan to keep on blogging, subject to finding the time!

    ReplyDelete

I still have lots to learn about photography. All comments or constructive criticism are very welcome!

Photoblogs